2007年10月17日水曜日

Intimidator

Was anyone else scared to death when they saw Sato-sensei, Kawai-sensei, AND Wilson-sensei in the same classroom today? I was so nervous I could hardly speak. My Japanese already sounds timid as I speak it, but today I felt like it was even worse.

Somehow or another, I think I managed to hold my own in class today, but it gets harder and harder for me to say the right thing as Kawai-sensei or Sato-sensei ask me more and more questions. I like to think out my answer before I speak, so that I don't make any mistakes - so usually my first question or response sounds pretty good, but when I'm asked to expand or change beyond that, I have trouble thinking of the new sentence. Rarely do I think well "on my feet."

Today, I was so overwhelmed that I finally adopted a new strategy - passing the conversation to someone else. Let's watch Transformers at Lin-san's place! Yeah! Now she has to answer questions instead of me! All right!

リンさん、ごめんなさい。I owe you something after that.

2 件のコメント:

本屋 さんのコメント...

3 Sensei?! Appeared.
3 Sensei?! used DRILL#1!
Critical Hit!

Anyways, sounds very intimidating. Glad I'm not in section 3. I wonder what would happen if one of the sections had a 4 sensei combo. I'm betting on an Instant KO.

ローラ・リン さんのコメント...

Haha, that's was pretty funny what you did. Especially since Kawai-Sensei didn't catch your answer the first time, so you had to repeat the joke again. And yes, you do owe me one. ^^ seriously.