2008年2月16日土曜日

Actually

I don't know who I'm quoting when I say this, but it appears that reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. By myself, no less.

Despite my gloomy attitude in the previous post, I was able to get up on the morning of the 14th and convince myself that I should do something other than sulk this year. Besides, I had a skit to worry about, and until that was done I couldn't be bothered to think about anything else. Things got better after that - I bought some tasty homemade lollipops from a friend and had a laugh when some kids from Shakespeare On The Lawn crashed one of my classes to deliver a sonnet to someone. When I got home, I even discovered that some packages had arrived for me! The first one contained some new Gundam modeling kits, a gift I had bought for myself. The second was a package from home full of my grandma's oatmeal cookies. These tasted wonderful - I don't think anyone could possibly bake a better oatmeal cookie.

After that, I even decided to get together with some other friends and go to Applebee's for some late-night fun. It was a whole lot better than times in the past, when I'd just decided to stay home all day. Valentine's Day can still be rough if you're without a significant other, but I got by with a little help from my friends this time. *Beatles quote*

I kept it going on Friday, when I attended a housewarming party with another group of friends. We stayed up all night eating Chinese food and watching some great movies like "Shaun of the Dead" and "Pulp Fiction." And now it's Saturday, but I'm too worn out to worry about anything. At this point, I don't think there was a need for me to be as depressed as I was just a couple of days ago.

I still did watch Kanon, but unlike past years, watching anime by myself was not the highlight of the day. Turns out that Mai and Shiori were far from the best things about Valentine's Day after all.

2 件のコメント:

Lavy さんのコメント...

I welcomed Valentine's with a friend, not my bf, but it was really fun and I'm gonna celebrate again tonight with a whole bunch of friends... This is to say, one can have fun on Valentine's without the significant other :D

本屋 さんのコメント...

Glad to hear you had a good time. Thursday through Saturday were indeed great. Too bad you didn't play Mahjong with us (so that you could have gotten owned just like I did). I only wish my concentration wasn't shot this whole week so that I could have enjoyed it to its fullest.